The 9th MSAS will be held in October 10-11 2017 in Ulm.
Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar (MSAS)
Water vapour sorption as a method of material analysis in industry and research.
- introduction to basic principles and mechanisms of water vapour sorption
- setup and operation of moisture sorption analyzers
- procedures for calibration and validation of sorption instruments
- successful preparation and execution of experiments
- interpretation, processing and evaluation of results
- additional methods for moisture sorption analysis and their implementation as part of analytical strategies
- discussion of applications in research and industry (pharma, food, textiles, building materials, electronic, etc.)
- opportunity to talk to sorption experts and other users
The seminar includes an instrument workshop for SPS/Vsorp users.
For the MSAS registration, please use the registration form following the link below.
Registration Form for the MSAS 2017
Please submit the the completed form by e-mail or fax to:
Phone: +49 (0)7305 2030 440
Fax: +49 (0)7305 2030 439
MSAS 2017 Preliminary Programme
Industrie- und Handelskammer Ulm, Olgastrasse 97-101, 89073 Ulm
The seminar language is English.
Why to attend:
The behaviour of materials under different humidity conditions is a crucial factor in many areas of research and industry (food, pharmaceuticals, textiles, polymers, agrochemicals, building chemistry, etc.).
Stability, shelf-life, hydration/dehydration and drying behaviour – to mention just a few – are important issues in this context, and knowledge about moisture-induced changes is considered to be indispensable for development and production.
The analysis of such processes can be very challenging and requires a proper experimental approach and special equipment.
As a manufacturer of water vapour sorption test systems and humidity generators, we noticed that there is a huge need for information about how to plan, perform and evaluate sorption experiments.
So we teamed up with the Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck to hold regular seminars on the theoretical and practical aspects of water vapour sorption analysis.
The number of participants is limited to 25.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ulrich Griesser – Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck
Jürgen Dillenz – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
Roman Kirsch – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
and selected speakers from industry and research
Industry: EUR 600.- (owners of an SPS instrument will receive a 20% discount)
Academia: EUR 400.-
Students: EUR 200.-
Guests: EUR 60.- (for dinner and evening program)
The fee includes:
- Attendance of conference, seminar material
- Dinner and evening program
- Lunch, coffee and refreshments on both days