We sincerely thank all participants and speakers for their contribution to the success of the 9th MSAS 2017 held in Ulm. The next MSAS, the 10th Anniversary seminar on moisture sorption analysis will be held in spring 2019. The seminar venue and the anniversary programme will be anounced in autumn next year.
Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar (MSAS)
Water vapour sorption as a method of material analysis in industry and research.
- introduction to basic principles and mechanisms of water vapour sorption
- setup and operation of moisture sorption analyzers
- procedures for calibration and validation of sorption instruments
- successful preparation and execution of experiments
- interpretation, processing and evaluation of results
- additional methods for moisture sorption analysis and their implementation as part of analytical strategies
- discussion of applications in research and industry (pharma, food, textiles, building materials, electronic, etc.)
- opportunity to talk to sorption experts and other users
The seminar includes an instrument workshop for SPS/Vsorp users.
The seminar language is English.
Why to attend:
The behaviour of materials under different humidity conditions is a crucial factor in many areas of research and industry (food, pharmaceuticals, textiles, polymers, agrochemicals, building chemistry, etc.).
Stability, shelf-life, hydration/dehydration and drying behaviour – to mention just a few – are important issues in this context, and knowledge about moisture-induced changes is considered to be indispensable for development and production.
The analysis of such processes can be very challenging and requires a proper experimental approach and special equipment.
As a manufacturer of water vapour sorption test systems and humidity generators, we noticed that there is a huge need for information about how to plan, perform and evaluate sorption experiments.
So we teamed up with the Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck to hold regular seminars on the theoretical and practical aspects of water vapour sorption analysis.
The number of participants is limited to 25.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ulrich Griesser – Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck
Jürgen Dillenz – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
Roman Kirsch – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
and selected speakers from industry and research
Industry: EUR 600.- (owners of an SPS instrument will receive a 20% discount)
Academia: EUR 400.-
Students: EUR 200.-
Guests: EUR 60.- (for dinner and evening program)
The fee includes:
- Attendance of conference, seminar material
- Dinner and evening program
- Lunch, coffee and refreshments on both days