The instruments of the SPS series are fully automated vapor sorption analyzer. The SPS provides precise gravimetric determination of the water sorption and desorption behaviour. Multiple samples are analysed in a test atmosphere of controlled temperature and relative humidity.
Vapor Sorption Analyzer – SPS
- Simultaneous analysis of up to 23 samples
- High accuracy and reproducibility with sample quantities from 3 mg up to 220 g
- Excellent surface-to-volume ratio of the samples for optimised sorption kinetics
- Excellent balance stability by drift compensation with an internal reference
- Secondary samples for external analyses can be taken out during a running measurement
- The easy to operate SPS instruments with their robust design enable reliable measurements with high accuracy
- Available sensor options increase the analysis capabilties of the instruments
The requirements for balance resolution and load range are different for each application. The instruments of the SPS series are equipped with micro and ultramicro balances different in gravimetric resolution and load range. The available range of gravimetric resolution starts from 0.1µg up to 10µg.
For many applications, the sorption behaviour of materials at temperatures and climatic condtions far from room conditions is of interest. The large temperature range of the SPS enables to carry out vapor sorption analysis at extreme conditions from 5°C to 60°C.
The transparent glass cover of the SPS can be equipped with a sensor mount plug. This sensor mount enables to attach additional analytical equipment to the SPS. This gives the opportunity to combine sorption data with other analytical methods like Raman spectroscopy or image acquisition.
SPSx-1µ High Load
|Applications||Pharmaceutical research and preformulation||Pharmaceutical and food research, chemistry, ...||Food and chemical industry, material testing, permeability||Building physics, quality assurance, permeability|
|Temperature range||5 °C - 40 °C||5 °C - 60 °C||5 °C - 60 °C||5 °C - 60 °C|
|Humidity range||0% RH - 98% RH*|
|Min Weight||<3 mg||<10 mg||<30 mg||<50 mg|
|Max Weight range||2000 mg||22 g||220 g||220 g|
|Number of samples||23||23 / 11||23 / 11||11|
|*: Maximum humidity level can only be reached with chamber temperatures close to room temperature|