The next MSAS, the 12th Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar will take place 26+27 April 2023 in Ulm, Germany.
Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar (MSAS)
Moisture sorption as an analysis method of water vapor sorption and desorption properties of materials in industry and research.
- introduction to basic principles and mechanisms of moisture sorption analysis
- setup and operation of moisture sorption analyzers
- procedures for calibration and validation of sorption instruments
- successful preparation and execution of experiments
- interpretation, processing and evaluation of results
- additional methods for and their implementation as part of analytical strategies
- discussion of applications in research and industry (pharma, food, textiles, building materials, electronics, etc.)
- opportunity to talk to sorption experts and users
Why to attend to the Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar
The sorption properties of materials at different humidity conditions is a crucial factor in many areas of research and industry (food, pharmaceuticals, textiles, polymers, agrochemicals, building materials, etc.).
Stability, shelf-life, polymorphism, crystallisation, amorphous content and drying behaviour – just to mention a few – are important topics in this context, and knowledge about moisture-induced changes is considered to be indispensable for the development of new products.
The analysis of such processes can be very challenging and requires a proper experimental approach and sophisticated equipment.
As a manufacturer of dynamic vapor sorption instruments and humidity generators, we noticed that there is a huge need for information about how to plan, to perform and to evaluate sorption experiments.
So we teamed up with the Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck to hold regular seminars on the theoretical and practical aspects of moisture sorption analysis.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ulrich Griesser – Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck
Jürgen Dillenz – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
Dr. Julia Wangler – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
and invited speakers from industry and research.
Take a look at the MSAS 2023 preliminary programme (PDF)
Industry: EUR 600
SPS/Vsorp instrument owners: EUR 400
Academia: EUR 400
Students: EUR 200
Accompanying guests: EUR 70 (for dinner and social event)
The fee includes:
- Attendance of conference, seminar material
- Dinner and social event
- Lunch, coffee and refreshments on both days