Due to the uncertainties in the Covid-19 pandemic, we have decided that the 11th MSAS will be held online. The two-day seminar is split into three afternoon sessions from 14th to 16th September 20121.
Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar (MSAS)
Moisture sorption as an analysis method of water vapor sorption and desorption properties of materials in industry and research.
- introduction to basic principles and mechanisms of moisture sorption analysis
- setup and operation of moisture sorption analyzers
- procedures for calibration and validation of sorption instruments
- successful preparation and execution of experiments
- interpretation, processing and evaluation of results
- additional methods for and their implementation as part of analytical strategies
- discussion of applications in research and industry (pharma, food, textiles, building materials, electronics, etc.)
- opportunity to talk to sorption experts and users
Why to attend to the Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar
The sorption properties of materials at different humidity conditions is a crucial factor in many areas of research and industry (food, pharmaceuticals, textiles, polymers, agrochemicals, building materials, etc.).
Stability, shelf-life, polymorphism, crystallisation, amorphous content and drying behaviour – just to mention a few – are important topics in this context, and knowledge about moisture-induced changes is considered to be indispensable for the development of new products.
The analysis of such processes can be very challenging and requires a proper experimental approach and sophisticated equipment.
As a manufacturer of dynamic vapor sorption instruments and humidity generators, we noticed that there is a huge need for information about how to plan, to perform and to evaluate sorption experiments.
So we teamed up with the Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck to hold regular seminars on the theoretical and practical aspects of moisture sorption analysis.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ulrich Griesser – Institute of Pharmacy of the University of Innsbruck
Jürgen Dillenz – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
Dr. Julia Wangler – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
Dr. Roman Kirsch – ProUmid GmbH & Co. KG
and invited speakers from industry and research
Programme of the Moisture Sorption Analysis Seminar 2021
Take a look at the MSAS 2021 preliminary programme (PDF)
Registration for the online MSAS event will open in Mai 2021.
The 11th MSAS will be held online as a web conference. Registrated participants will receive a link to the seminar prior to the conference.